Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sound-byte discipleship

I hope you’re enjoying reading these little doses as much as I am writing them. There’s nothing wrong with trying to compact God’s truth into swallowable doses, but let’s remember that the Truth is much bigger than anything our words can describe. Sound-byte discipleship is fine as far as it goes, but real transformation of soul comes over the long haul. It’s a journey under the direction of the Word, and it leads to the cross.

(c) Copyright 2007, A. Milton Stanley

2 comments:

Howard Parks said...

I am enjoying them a great deal! CS Lewis wrote about how one evidence of our Creator was how truth echoes in the hearts and minds of His creation when we hear it; something tells us, that thing I just heard, that is really true. Not agrees-with-my-opinion true, or restatement-of-the-obvious true. The only way a human author can hope to achieve that feeling in his listeners is to make sure his words echo the Word. I have felt that often in reading your daily doses.

Milton Stanley said...

Glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for your encouraging words, and glory to God for his Word.